This course is designed to provide participants with an understanding of the Versa Networks Software Defined Security features and functions that are part of the Versa Operating System (VOS™), and the methods of configuring, managing, and monitoring the security services through the VOS CLI, Versa Director, and Versa Analytics.
The course puts these concepts into practice with step-by-step, hands-on lab exercises which allow participants to gain conceptual and practical knowledge and skills in the configuration, deployment, administration, and monitoring of the Versa SD Security features.
This course is based on VOS 21.2.
Format: Text, graphics, animations, and voice narration.
About the course:
This course is an Intermediate to Advanced level course. Participants should have a basic to intermediate level knowledge of IP networking, routing fundamentals, routing protocols, and basic IPsec and encapsulation/tunneling concepts. Additionally, it is recommended that participants complete the Versa Essentials online course, although it is not required.
You can download a copy of the course outline here: V-ASEC-Course-Outline.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the benefits of an SD-WAN solution
- Describe the components of the Versa Networks SD-WAN solution
- Describe the security features and functions of a Versa Networks SD-WAN solution
- Configure and deploy a Versa Networks SD-WAN security with the following features and functions:
- Stateful Firewall (L3/L4)
- SSL Inspection
- SSL Decryption (Forward and Full Proxy)
- Using metadata for security functions
- Application Identification and control
- URL filtering based on URL strings, risk factors, URL categories, and reputations
- Captive Portal
- IP Filtering based on reputation and geo-location
User and Group Authentication (Active Directory Integration)
- Anti Virus support
- IDP (deep packet inspection) features and functions
- Web Proxy
- Service Pack installation and updates
The secure PDF version of the student guide can be downloaded here: Versa Advanced Security Encrypted Student Guide
Secure reader registration is required. Course purchase or attendance to an instructor led version of the course is required. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for registration details.
Lab Guides (Lab access not included with self-paced courses)
The lab guide is available for study and personal use. Lab environments are provided with instructor-led courses only.
This course is designed for engineers who plan, implement, and services Versa SD-WAN or vCPE networks. Target roles include Systems Engineers, Network Engineers, Network Security Specialists, Field Engineers, Technical Support personnel, Channel Partners and resellers.