This self-paced, online-delivered course is designed to provide participants with an understanding of Versa Networks Secure SD-WAN solutions, and the fundamentals of configuration and administration of a Versa Networks Secure SD-WAN deployment. It includes fundamental instruction on network overlays and underlays, routing, and the different SD-WAN topologies. It provides instruction on the Versa Networks components Versa Director, Versa Analytics, and Versa OS (VOS)™, and the building blocks of configuration: Workflows, Templates, and Service Templates.
The course puts these concepts into practice with step-by-step, hands-on lab exercises which allow participants to gain conceptual and practical knowledge and skills in the configuration, deployment, basic administration, and monitoring of a Versa Secure SD-WAN environment. The lab guide is included with the self-paced online course. Lab access is not included.
The course content is presented in step-by-step format that includes graphic visuals and detailed notes to cover the concepts in the course.
This course is based on VOS 16.1-R2-S10.
Format: Text and Graphics only. No audio.
- Describe the benefits of an SD-WAN solution
- Describe the components of the Versa Networks Secure SD-WAN solution
- Describe the features and functions of each component of a Versa Networks Secure SD-WAN
- Configure and deploy a Versa Networks Secure SD-WAN with the following features and functions:
- – Full Mesh topology
- – Spoke to Hub Only topology
- – Spoke to Spoke via Hub topology
- – Spoke to Spoke Direct topology
- – Workflows and template creation/management
- – Routing and redundant LAN functionality (multi-homed sites)
- – Routing policy
- – Class of Service
- – Traffic Steering (policy-based forwarding) and SLA monitoring
You can download a copy of the course description here: SDCA Course Description
This course is designed for engineers who plan, implement, and service Versa Secure SD-WAN or vCPE networks. Target roles include Systems Engineers, Network Engineers, Field Engineers, Technical Support personnel, Channel partners and resellers.
Course subscription validity : 1 Year
- Introduction to Versa Secure SD-WAN
- Versa Overlay Networks
- Versa Director User Interface
- Workflows and Templates
- Versa Routing
- Spoke-to-Hub Only
- Spoke-to-Spoke via Hub
- Spoke-to-Spoke Direct
- High Availability
- Class of Service
- Traffic Steering and SLA Monitoring
- Security Services Overview
- Service Templates
The labs in this course provide hands-on instruction in the use of Versa Director for configuration and monitoring of an SD-WAN environment, including using the Versa Director, creating device templates using versa workflows, deploying CPE devices, configuring and monitoring standard routing functions and polices, and the creation of service templates.
Lab guides and lab demonstration available in the course but Lab access to be subscribed separately. Applicable Lab V-VLAB1.
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Basic understanding of tunnelling (IPsec/MPLS) tunnelling concepts
Additionally, it is recommended that participants complete the Versa Essentials online training course, although this is not required.